E-commerce is within everyone's reach. Every business that markets a lower-cost, shippable consumer product should consider selling their product over the Internet. It's surprisingly affordable. For higher-cost products, an online catalog with detailed product information can be a tremendous asset.
A clean presentation will catch your visitor's eye and make it easy for them to buy.
- Whenever possible, try to close the sale on the home page.
- Stores with multiple products should feature one or more best sellers on the home page, and should be easy to navigate.
- Browse your favorite online stores and make a list of the design elements you like.
iMarks offers two types of e-commerce solutions, as well as a catalog-only solution.
- For clients who are experimenting with selling a product or two over the Internet, iMarks offers a low cost PayPal solution - no merchant account required!
- For more serious e-tailers, our MIVA Merchant solution gives you a fully functional, affordable online storefront with the custom features you want.
- Stores and catalogs can be configured so that you can add products yourself using web-based forms.
- Animated product demos or videos can be effective for some products.
In addition to non-Internet advertising like direct mail, radio and TV, consider using these Internet tools.
- For high-volume online sales to a broad consumer base, search engine marketing is highly recommended.
- Supplement this with a targeted email campaign, e-coupon offers, and links on complementary web sites.
- Web site features like "Tell-a-friend" can increase referral business.