More and more people are consulting the Internet before they choose a restaurant. Most of the major restaurant chains now have their menus online. For party planners looking for a caterer, the web can be a great time saver.
This is an opportunity to draw visitors in to the full culinary experience.
- Photography is key to making people hungry!
- So is rich verbiage and an appetizing color palette - warm colors and hues of the rainbow foods.
- If atmosphere is your strength, show photos of the decor.
- If you have a restaurant, show a clear photo of the exterior so that people will recognize it as they drive by.
Your web site can be as creative as you want it to be.
- Menus are a must for any restaurant. This can encourage takeout orders as well as bring people in who know exactly what they want.
- If you have promotional merchandise, consider selling it over the Internet.
- Can customers reserve rooms for special events? Make it easy for them to do this on your web site.
- Caterers can display a photo gallery of events.
- Don't forget about customer testimonials.
In addition to traditional advertising, you can use the Internet in the following ways.
- Consider buying a link in the online yellow pages.
- Caterers that do weddings have a large network of bridal web sites available to advertise with.
- Email campaigns advertising new menu items or coupon offers can also be effective.