Physicians, dentists and other healthcare professionals are discovering the need to have their own unique presence on the web. Many consumers look to the web for medical information before making an appointment. A healthcare web site can encourage a visitor to get the test or preventative care they need.
A professional, polished layout is important to establishing the credibility your practice deserves.
- The visual design (colors, line, shapes, fonts) should communicate the personality of the office.
- To make the site approachable, include photos of healthy people.
- For practices like dermatology and cosmetic dentistry, "before and after" photos can be effective.
- Educational drawings, photos or videos may also be useful to web site visitors.
It is important that you understand any legal restrictions on advertising and privacy for your industry.
- Some physicians allow patients to access medical records online.
- Some sites include healthcare guidelines with a disclaimer.
- Some healthcare practitioners will publish links to specialists that they refer patients to.
- A form that allows the visitor to request an appointment is an asset.
- Always include hours of operation and emergency phone numbers.
A web site is a great way for prospective patients to get to know your practice.
- Ask the hospitals and healthcare professionals within your referral network to publish links to your site on their web sites.
- Include the web site address on all business stationery and marketing materials.
- Consider advertising in the online yellow pages and/or search engines.
- If you enjoy writing, you can publish an e-newsletter to your patients and referral partners containing news of the latest studies and procedures.
- An email reminder service for patient checkups and tests may increase appointments.