A web site is no longer optional for a business. Here's why.
- Accessibility. Customers are too busy to remember phone numbers, even the clever ones that have words in them. Web Site addresses are much easier to remember, and often they don't have to be written down. Even if your web site has nothing more than the information on your business card, it can bring more customers into contact with you - customers who choose your company over your competitors because you made it easy for them to do business with you.
To maximize accessibility, put your web site address on business cards, vehicles, uniforms, stationery, packaging, shopping bags, email, voice mail greetings, promotional items, and advertising materials.
- Reduced Advertising Costs. Printing brochures or direct mail pieces can be expensive. Full-color brochures can run as much as $1,000 for 1,000 copies. Add postage and labor, and you have a significant expense. If typos or other design mistakes are made in the process, you may incur a portion of those costs all over again.
For as little as $10-35 a year for a domain name, and $8-25* a month for hosting services, you can post a web site. Any mistakes can be corrected immediately. Your message never gets thrown out, and can be updated whenever you want. You can even put coupons or rebate forms on the site.
To put forth your best image, have your web site professionally designed. The cost of designing a simple web site is comparable to the cost of designing a brochure.
* Web Site features such as e-stores will have higher web hosting fees.
- Reduced Sales Costs. Wouldn't it be great if every customer that contacted your business knew exactly what they wanted, and knew that they wanted to buy it from you? Your closing rates would soar.
Your web site can tell customers everything they need to know about your products and services. By the time they contact you, chances are they are ready to buy. This can free up your sales staff from educating the customer about your offerings, and focus their efforts on closing sales. If the site is equipped with an e-store so that customers can buy directly from the web site, your company can also reduce the staff time spent taking orders.
- Reduced Operating Costs. Your web site can...
and much more.
- take orders
- schedule appointments
- calculate cost estimates for your customers
- configure products for your customers
- answer pre-sales and post-sales questions
- look up account information
- do market research
- get sales leads
- be a showroom for your products
- be a classroom for the use of your products
- distribute documentation to your customers
Take a look at how you run your business today. What are you spending time and money on that your web site can do for you?
- Consistent Image, Consistent Policies. Your web site tells visitors what your business stands for and how it operates. It also tells your employees and suppliers how the business is represented to the outside world. In a sense, it can serve as an abridged employee handbook, reducing confusion among customers and staff.
- Revenue Generation. The web makes it easy for people to buy products and order services. Implement an e-store and, with a little advertising (and a great product), watch the orders come in.
Perhaps you offer a service where you bill for your time. Let your web site collect appointment requests for you, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- International Exposure. A web site is available to any Internet user in the world. When you post your first site, your potential for exposure skyrockets. Where do you want to take your market?
Not all businesses are suited for a national or international market, but many are. Your web site can tell visitors the geographical market for your offerings.
- Within the city limits?
- Want to go statewide?
- Why not go national? Or international, if you dare?
- Customer Loyalty. If your web site looks professional and is easy to do business with, it is a direct reflection on you. Customers who find value in your web site, and who trust it, will return again and again to do business with your company.
- People Expect It. Having a web site shows your prospects and customers that you are innovative, customer friendly, and current in today's market for quick information and delivery. People expect to get the information they need from the Internet 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, in the comfort of their homes. In the near future, they will expect to order products and services, schedule appointments, or get customized advice from every business web site.
If you don't already have a web site for your business, get one today. Visit GoDaddy.com or one of the other domain name registration services to reserve your web site name.
iMarks offers inexpensive starter sites and affordably-priced custom sites for small businesses. Contact us at 303.979.0873 for a free consultation. We can make your site an indispensable contributor to your business.